Specialised Course for Spanish Teachers
This course is for non-native Spanish teachers who want to refresh, deepen and perfect their knowledge of the Spanish language.
In this special course you will learn about the most common and latest methods of Spanish tuition and the different didactic techniques available in order to improve your work.
The concept of the course is to increase those practical and theoretical aspects of the Spanish tuition which are significant for all Spanish teachers employing different didactic materials (audiovisual, internet, games, written material etc.), tuition types, student's evaluation, solution of problems emerging in class etc.
- Number of Lessons of 45 minutes per week: 25
- Duration: 1 week or 2 weeks
- Levels: B2 (Upper), C1 (Advanced) & C2 (Superior)
- Maximum Students per Class: 12
- Prices: see Pricelist
Read more about our Spanish for Spanish Teachers course
This course is aimed at teachers of Spanish as a Foreign Languages and provides the acquisition of new language and learning skills they can apply in their own classrooms. To this end, the course will provide expertise on the latest methodological currents in the teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language and the participants will learn about all the skills needed by the Spanish teacher, his/her resources and strategies.
The design of the course aims to develop the practical aspects of interactive teaching of the language, paying particular attention to the use of different materials (audiovisual, Internet, games, written materials, etc..), types of lessons, student evaluation, solutions to potential problems that arise in class, etc.
* Participants will receive a needs analysis questionnaire prior to the start of the course in order to determine their priorities where they can also rate the different possible content options in order of preference. It should be completed and send to us a month before the start of the course. The tutors will adapt the contents to the interests of the participants.
- To jointly discuss and reflect on the guidelines and recommendations proposed by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching Assessment, from the point of view of the different educational realities of each teacher and/or teaching centre.
- To provide the teachers of Spanish as a foreign language with the necessary resources required in their daily language teaching work.
- To introduce the participants to the latest developments in the field of teaching Spanish, current Spanish literature, and the methodological and didactic aids in the teaching/learning of Spanish.
- To propose different approaches for the development and use of the methods and teaching resources discussed previously on the course.
The design of the course aims to develop the practical aspects of interactive teaching, particularly focusing on: the use of different teaching materials (audiovisual jeans, Internet, games, written materials, etc.), type of classes, student assessment, solutions to the possible problems that can arise in the classroom, etc.
The course is both theoretical and practical and participants will be able not only to update their knowledge about the latest methodological trends, the different skills needed by Spanish teachers, resources and strategies, but also to reflect on their own educational experiences, exchange ideas with other participants and perfect their level of Spanish.
We will stay in touch with course participants through the Internet and email, resolving any doubts that may arise, advising on various aspects of the teaching of Spanish, evaluating materials and sharing experiences.
The exact course programme is designed according to the needs of the course participants as reflected on their pre-arrival questionnaires. The contents can therefore vary depending on the preferences and needs of the participants. The following programme is therefore an example of the most commonly requested course contents.
1. How to work with past tenses.
2. Varieties of the Spanish language.
3. Needs analysis. The student as an autonomous learner.
1. “Ser” or “Estar”, that is the question.
2. A walk with the 1927 Generation: Lorca.
3. How to work with idioms: bulding cultural contexts for the introduction of idiomatic expressions.
The child or teenager in the SSL(Spanish as a Second Language) classrom.
1. Change of meaning in verbs with or without preposition.
2. Walking with Cervantes, ¿Quixote or Sancho?
3. Having fun in the SSL classroom: use and development of games.
1. Indicative or subjunctive? Doubts regarding the use of subjunctives.
2. ETA, everybody’s problem: how to work with socio-political issues in the SSL classroom.
3. Stories to think about: resources for our lessons.
Let me tell you a story: resources and teaching materials for children.
1. ¿”Por” or “para”? Problematic uses of “por and “para”.
2. Spain is different. Breaking the clichés.
3. Interactive media in the SSL classroom.
14:00 – 15:00h
Round table discussion. Are we teaching our students in the best possible way?
Francis Atemo, Kenia
Curso de Profesores y Super Intensivo Plus, 2 semanas
"Soy Francis Atemo de nacionalidad keniana. Trabajo en la escuela Internacional de Kenya como profesor de español y cada verano me gusta ir a España para hacer cursos de formación de profesores de español como lengua extranjera. Este verano fui a la escuela Cervantes para formarme y tuve una buena experiencia. La escuela está bien ubicada y te ofrece la oportunidad de conocer a otros profesores de español tanto nativos como extranjeros. Intercambian ideas entre ellos y nos enseñan nuevos cambios y metodologías actualizadas en la enseñanza de español, tomando mucho en cuenta las necesidades de los profesores que hacen el curso en sus centros de enseñanza. Me ha sido de gran ayuda y con toda seguridad recomiendo la Escuela Cervantes a todos!!!".
Debra Betts, Profesora de español en Texas, USA
Curso para profesores no nativos 15-19 oct 2012
"Me ha encantado el curso de profesores porque ha sido una buena mezcla de gramática, cultura y vocabulario, en un sitio muy histórico y con buen clima. También, la profesora ha sido buenísima".
Jennifer González, Profesora de español en Texas, USA
Curso para profesores no nativos 15-19 oct 2012
"Mi experiencia aquí ha sido fantástica. He aprendido un montón de gramática, la historia de España y la de la ciudad de Málaga".