If you want to get ahead in today's modern world, knowing only English is not enough anymore. It really pays to learn at least one more language. The obvious choice is Spanish; the next most widely spoken language globally. By learning Spanish, you can communicate with another half billion people worldwide. Let's look at the facts:
- Spanish is the official language in 21 countries.
- About 330 million people in the world speak Spanish as their first language.
- Another 100 million people speak Spanish as a second language.
- Spanish is the second language for international communication and third as an international language of politics, economics and culture.
- The demand for Spanish courses has doubled worldwide in ten years.
- In the United States 13% of the population speak Spanish as their first language.
- Spanish is the most popular second language to learn in the United States and Canada.
- The Latin-American countries are experiencing constant economic growth and are becoming more important as trading partners. A number of large Latin-American countries are on the verge of signing the NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement), set up by the United States, Canada and Mexico.
- Given the above facts, you stand a better chance in the labor market if you speak Spanish.
- Many masterpieces of universal literature are written in Spanish: Don Quijote de la Mancha, La Celestina, La casa de Bernarda Alba, Cien años de Soledad (100 years of Solitude), and many more.
- It's easy: Spanish is one of the easiest foreign languages to learn. Written Spanish is almost completely phonetic: Look at almost any Spanish word and you can tell how it is pronounced. And while mastering the grammar of Spanish can be a challenge, basic grammar is straightforward enough that you can have meaningful communication after only a few lessons.
- It also shares a lot of its vocabulary with English and around 1000 Spanish words have been incorporated into other languages such as French & English.
If you are in a hurry or wish to learn Spanish as fast as possible then the secret to success is to do an immersion in a Spanish speaking country while taking a Residential Intensive Spanish course. In Cervantes EI (Located in Malaga, Spain) we offer Intensive and Super Intensive courses for all levels that start every Monday. Additionally, we can offer you accommodation with one of our Host Families, with our Course + Accommodation package that constitutes the ideal formula to learn Spanish at maximum speed and quality. In this way, even with short stays such as 2 weeks, you will achieve large improvements that will surprise yourself and also your family and friends.
If you aren´t able to travel to Spain you can make the most of new technologies and take a Spanish Course Online. We have packages that adapt to your needs and you choose the times and the number of classes that you wish to have each month.